as we discuss the importance of Omnichannel Customer Engagement and how consistent practice of a cross-functional framework can help companies deliver better customer experiences, become more customer centric and provide ROI.
Thursday, May 28th 2015
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM PDT
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM BST
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM CET
During this webinar we will examine the concept of business channels, the different types of channels and their use in managing customer experience and relationships. We will demonstrate the variety of customer interactions that embody the engagement, and the rationale of allocating channels for those interactions.
Vladimir Dimitroff will discuss a pragmatic conceptual framework for managing a complex portfolio of channels and a multitude of diverse customer interactions in a single model, allowing coordinated planning and operations. Participants will learn simple steps towards building their own omnichannel model, and best practices in implementing and using the framework.
Beyond Philosophy has been involved in developing and advocating both strategic and operational customer experience management since 2002. Highlighting the importance for businesses to understand that optimised and profitable customer experiences and relationships are best managed in a coherent and coordinated cross-functional and company-wide manner – the concept of a single centralised omnichannel model is a major success factor.
Register today to reserve your seat for this fantastic free event.
You will learn:
- How channels are defined and classified by their purpose and properties
- Customer engagement as a set of interactions and the different types of interactions
- The difference between ‘omni-‘ and multi-channel
- A Conceptual Framework for mapping interactions to channels
- Evaluating suitability and feasibility of using specific channels for specific interactions
- Building a model for managing interactions across multiple channels
- Practical uses of the omnichannel model
- Examples of real implementations and specific journeys
Interested, but can’t attend? Register anyway and we’ll send you the recording.
If you have any questions or requests related to this topic please feel free to contact us.
No registration details have been set for this webinar.