No matter what business you are in, the best way to connect with your customers is through the experience you provide them. However, connecting requires knowing what customers want, and today, that isn’t the same as it was 20 years ago. The Experience Economy dictates that people value experiences over material things these days.
In addition to knowing what customers want, wouldn’t it also be great to know what works in Customer Experience Management? Wouldn’t it be even better to know what doesn’t work before you waste your time and energy (and budget) trying it yourself?
These ideas are the concept behind Customer Experience expert James Wallman, founder of the World Experience Organization (WXO). The WXO is a Customer Experience organization that encourages worldwide collaboration and debate on what is—and what isn’t—critical to Customer Experiences.
Key Ideas to Improve your Customer Experience
Among other things, Wallman says the bid idea behind the WXO is to separate the useful CX concepts from the ones that are merely hot air. He hopes that the WXO will further legitimize the Experience Economic and CX movement, allow all the members to learn from each other, and see new ways to achieve customer engagement.
Here are some highlights from our discussion.
- 03:28 Wallman explains the idea behind founding the WXO and why he did it.
- 05:08 Wallman describes the Experience Economy and how the WXO will help move it forward.
- 11:55 Wallman talks about how not having an organized and defined effort can delegitimize the CX movement.
- 18:06 Wallman discusses the reasons behind choosing CX pioneers to establish the WXO.
- 21:03 Colin explains how the human being is always at the center of the experience, no matter what type of experience it is.
- 23:49 Wallman shares his idea that we are all on a “Hero’s Journey” and how those should look in a journey map.
- 30:50 We give the information on how what to do if you are interested in joining the WXO.
Please tell us how we are doing! Complete this short survey.
Customer Experience Information & Resources
LinkedIn recognizes Colin Shaw as one of the ‘World’s Top 150 Business Influencers.’ As a result, he has 289,000 followers of his work. Shaw is Founder and CEO of Beyond Philosophy LLC, which helps organizations unlock growth by discovering customers’ hidden, unmet needs that drive value ($). The Financial Times selected Beyond Philosophy LLC as one of the best management consultancies for the last two years. Follow Colin on Linkedin and Twitter.
Click here to learn more about Professor Ryan Hamilton of Emory University.
Why Customers Buy: As an official “Influencer” on LinkedIn, Colin writes a regular newsletter on all things Customer Experience. Click here to join the other 22,000 subscribers.
Experience Health Check: You already have an experience, even if you weren’t deliberate about it. Our Experience Health Check can help you understand what you have today. Colin or one of our team can assess your digital or physical Customer Experience, interacting with your organization as a customer to define what is good and what needs improving. Then, they will provide a list of recommendations for critical next steps for your organization. Click here to learn more.
How can we help?
Click here to learn more about Beyond Philosophy’s Suite of Services.