Customer Science is a vital part of any organization’s future success with their customer experience. The combination of AI, behavioral sciences, and data is a powerful way to gain insight into your customers behavior so you can provide a proactive and perfect experience for them.
But how good is the data you are feeding it? And are you feeding ALL your data into the mix? If our experience tells us anything, it’s that you probably aren’t, which can degrade the quality of the insights available to you.
In this episode, we talk with Chief Marketing Officer of Verint, Celia Fleischaker about the third part of the Customer Science fusion formula, data, and how to ensure that you are using all of yours.
Verint is an expert in the Voice of Customer and have been for over 25 years. Their Verint on the Engagement Capacity Gap report is essential reading for experience professionals today. Fleischaker emphasizes the critical nature of ensuring that you don’t overlook Voice of Customer data, which is crucial part, so you can optimize the relevance of the insights you get from it.
Key Ideas to Improve your Customer Experience
One significant issue with many organizations’ customer data is it isn’t collected in one place, nor is it in one format. This situation makes it difficult to leverage all the data you have. Often, organizations use what is easiest to use, e.g., sales numbers, geo locations, delivery records, rather than all that is available. However, it is in the layering of details that you have about customer behavior that you get the richest rewards from Customer Science.
Here are a few key moments in the discussion:
- 03:59 Fleischaker explain how the shift to digital channels has resulted in more data available for you to feed into your AI, including that from the Voice of Customer, which requires companies to consolidate it.
- 08:07 We hear about an insurer in Europe who is using Customer Science to improve first all resolution and Customer Experience in the contact center.
- 12:51 Colin asks Fleischaker how this influx of data used with Customer Science has changed marketing.
- 20:04 Fleischaker explains how the new approach to customer strategy will affect customer segmentation and targeting efforts.
- 21:57 We talk about the ways that leveraging your data can result in a proactive experience that anticipates customers’ needs.
- 25:02 All three of us share practical steps that organizations should take today to make their data work better for them in the science-driven future.
Verint helps the world’s most iconic brands build enduring customer relationships by connecting work data and experiences across the enterprise. The Verint Customer Engagement Cloud Platform draws on the latest advancements in AI and analytics, an open cloud architecture, and the science of customer engagement to meet shifting customer interactions and their ever-increasing demands.
Please tell us how we are doing! Complete this short survey.
Customer Experience Information & Resources
LinkedIn recognizes Colin Shaw as one of the ‘World’s Top 150 Business Influencers.’ As a result, he has 290,000 followers of his work. Shaw is Founder and CEO of Beyond Philosophy LLC, which helps organizations unlock growth by discovering customers’ hidden, unmet needs that drive value ($). The Financial Times selected Beyond Philosophy as one of the best management consultancies for the last four years in a row. Follow Colin on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Click here to learn more about Professor Ryan Hamilton of Emory University.
Why Customers Buy: As an official “Influencer” on LinkedIn, Colin writes a regular newsletter on all things Customer Experience. Click here to join the other 35,000 subscribers.
How can we help?
Click here to learn more about Beyond Philosophy’s Suite of Services.