A lot of the behavioral sciences can feel intimidating. However, it doesn’t have to be. The Five Rules Podcast Series is our attempt at giving you an easy entry point into the complex and messy world of Behavioral Science.
A couple of years ago, research from some well-respected firms came back with the conclusion that investing in Customer Experience is not paying off the way that organizations had hoped. One of the reasons that might be the case is because many people are investing in Customer Experience just because everyone else is and, as a result, are focused on the wrong things. So, to change that focus and prove that your efforts are paying off, we wanted to give you a formula for success.
In this episode, we explore the 5 Rules to Guarantee a Return on Investment. From making sure you understand how your experience drives value for people to thinking outside the box to measuring everything you do; we have the way for you to prove that your programs work. But, perhaps most importantly, we show that you, as the champion of them, are the person that can get your organization the results they want and the customer-driven growth they need.
Key Ideas to Improve your Customer Experience
We designed our five rules to help change your focus to what matters to customers to drive results for your bottom line. This process starts with Emotional Signature® research, which enables you to see what drives value for your organization and the hidden wants and needs that your customers really want but probably didn’t tell you.
The 5 Rules to Guarantee a Return on Investment are as follows:
- Do your homework.
- Think outside the square.
- Remember, costs are part of the formula.
- Have a Fail-Fast Mentality
- Measure everything.
Here are some critical moments in the discussion:
- 03:37 Colin explains how doing your homework means digging deeper on what customers really want so you know what drives value for your customers in your experience.
- 08:30 We discuss how important it is to differentiate yourself from the competition by going beyond adopting industry best practices and looking ahead when planning your strategy in the marketplace rather than responding to change afterward.
- 14:16 Colin shares his no-miss strategy for ensuring that what you request in the budget will get approved (Hint: It involves getting the finance team on board).
- 18:31 We talk about how you have to try things and fail so you can learn what works and adjust the rest; it’s a “Ready, Fire, Aim!” approach to change.
- 21:46 Colin shares how when you can show your results, you also show that you are a person that makes decisions based on strategy and gets results on them.
- 24:05 We review and summarize all five rules as well as what you should do with them.
Please tell us how we are doing! Complete this short survey.
Customer Experience Information & Resources
LinkedIn recognizes Colin Shaw as one of the ‘World’s Top 150 Business Influencers.’ As a result, he has 289,000 followers of his work. Shaw is Founder and CEO of Beyond Philosophy LLC, which helps organizations unlock growth by discovering customers’ hidden, unmet needs that drive value ($). The Financial Times selected Beyond Philosophy LLC as one of the best management consultancies for the last two years. Follow Colin on Linkedin and Twitter.
Click here to learn more about Professor Ryan Hamilton of Emory University.
Why Customers Buy: As an official “Influencer” on LinkedIn, Colin writes a regular newsletter on all things Customer Experience. Click here to join the other 22,000 subscribers.
Experience Health Check: You already have an experience, even if you weren’t deliberate about it. Our Experience Health Check can help you understand what you have today. Colin or one of our team can assess your digital or physical Customer Experience, interacting with your organization as a customer to define what is good and what needs improving. Then, they will provide a list of recommendations for critical next steps for your organization. Click here to learn more.
How can we help?
Click here to learn more about Beyond Philosophy’s Suite of Services.