Emotions drive our attitudes and behavior towards organizations. They are the prime candidate to turn thinking into behavior. Yet, if emotions are so important and play a key role in decision making, why are organizations not doing research on them or measuring them? The answer is – because they are tricky to understand and research. We can help you with that as we’ve been measuring emotions since 2005.
Authentic Emotion Recognition research could be used along with:
- Eye Tracking – this data can deliver valuable insights into the gaze patterns of your website / app / store visitors, e.g. how long does it take visitors to find a specific product; which kind of visual information do they ignore (but are supposed to respond to)? Where do visitors look and how they feel when looking at a visual scene / element?
- Galvanic Skin Response – GSR measures changes in electrical (ionic) activity resulting from changes in sweat gland activity. These are reflective of the intensity of our emotional state / arousal, e.g. emotional peaks (positive or negative) and thus allows us to distinguish the genuine emotions and their intensity.
Authentic Emotion Recognition research can help you:
- Measure the CX – what gets measured gets done
- Measuring the CX / Emotions in real time
- Measuring the CX / Emotions without asking customers (it’s getting harder to get customers to answer surveys; customers have a hard time to verbalize what emotions they actually feel; these emotions can also change over the course of an interaction, can vary from employee to employee, from the day of the week, the time of the day, etc.)
- Understand what to change in the current digital or in-store experience so you could make your website / app/ in-store experience emotion-aware and improve results
- Improve impact / ROI of marketing content
- Assess the impact of marketing content, i.e. does it evoke the desired emotions, should it be changed, what is the most impactful videos / images, etc.?
Related content you might be interested in: